Excel: VLOOKUP data formula
VLOOKUP is the formula most often used to return data from structured data tables. Whether you want the value of a single cell, data from certain columns, or an entire row, VLOOKUP will get the result set that meets your specifications.
Related LibGuide: Health Statistics by Nell Aronoff
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- 9:00am - 3:00pm
- 305 Silverman Library
- North Campus
This workshop is designed to bring novice users to proficient or expert on using VLOOKUP and other worksheet functions.
Topics included in this workshop:
- More ways to clean data
- Nested formulas
- Precedence in formulas
- Structured data tables
- IFERROR how to use this function
- Data validation using lists
- Using named ranges
- Using VLOOKUP in calculations
- Relative and absolute cell references
- Absolute and approximate VLOOKUP
- COLUMNS and ROWS worksheet functions
- MATCH worksheet function
- Using MATCH inside VLOOKUP
- VLOOKUP with non-unique data
- VLOOKUP with partial values
- MID, RIGHT, LEFT, and TRIM worksheet functions
- Introduction to array formulas
- VLOOKUP on 3 tables simultaneously
There will be a 30 minute lunch break at 11:30am
Workshops are offered at no charge to UB faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Please remember to bring your own device to the workshop. The classroom does not have workstations.
Co-sponsored by The Graduate School.