Improve your Presentations
Tips to help you give great presentations
Related LibGuide: Communication by Nicole Thomas
- Monday, August 12, 2019
- 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- 310 Silverman Library
- North Campus
Design and deliver presentations for class, teaching, and conferences. By the end of this workshop, you will have learned how to:
- Avoid Death by PowerPoint
- Organize your show
- Make use of Normal, Slide, Outline and Notes view
- Make PDFs of your presentation accessible
- Insert pictures, shapes and icons
- Animate text and shapes
- Use animation and transitions
- Stream YouTube and Vimeo movies that play on both Macs and PCs
- Use Presenter Tools
- Gain confidence for presenting to an audience
This workshop is intended to bring beginners to intermediate level on the topics covered. Open to students, faculty, staff and alumni.
This is a session in a series of workshops given by internationally recognized experts presented by the University Libraries.
Workshops are offered at no charge to UB faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Please remember to bring your own device to the workshop. The classroom does not have workstations.
Co-sponsored by The Graduate School.