Make Poster Presentations in PowerPoint
Learn how to make Poster Presentations for conferences, displays, and poster sessions.
Related LibGuide: Poster Presentations - Designing Effective Posters by Fred Stoss
- Monday, August 12, 2019
- 9:00am - 11:30am
- 310 Silverman Library
- North Campus
By the end of this workshop, you will have learned:
- Good poster design
- Where to find templates and themes
- How to print any size poster
- How to adjust PowerPoint’s canvas for view, zoom and guides
- How to insert and format shapes
- How to draw free-form shapes
- How to insert pictures into shapes
- How to order and re-order objects in layers
- How to format the background
- How to remove the background from a picture
- How to use WordArt for special text effects
- Tips for working with charts
- The importance of choosing colors appropriate for colorblind people
- How to add Alt Text tags to conform with ADA requirements
This workshop is intended to bring beginners to intermediate level on the topics covered. Open to students, faculty, staff and alumni.
This is a session in a series of workshops given by internationally recognized experts presented by the University Libraries.
Workshops are offered at no charge to UB faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Please remember to bring your own device to the workshop. The classroom does not have workstations.
Co-sponsored by The Graduate School.