Give engaging presentations with ease and confidence.
Tips to help you give great presentations.
Related LibGuide: Industrial & Systems Engineering Research by Erin Rowley
- Monday, January 20, 2020
- 9:00am - 3:00pm
- 310 Silverman Library
- North Campus
Design and deliver presentations for class, teaching, and conferences. By the end of this workshop, you will have learned how to:
- Avoid "Death by PowerPoint"
- Organize your show
- Make use of Normal, Slide, Outline and Notes view
- Make PDFs of your presentation accessible
- Insert pictures, shapes and icons
- Work with 3D objects
- Work with pens
- Convert shapes into Visio objects
- Animate text and shapes
- Use animation and transitions
- Include movie content that plays on many platforms
- Use Presenter Tools
- Gain confidence for presenting to an audience
This workshop is intended to bring beginners to intermediate level on the topics covered. Open to students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Workshops are offered at no charge to UB faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Please remember to bring your own device to the workshop. The classroom does not have workstations.
Attendees are encouraged to update Microsoft Office prior to attending.
To get a free Microsoft Office 365 subscription for current faculty, staff or student privately owned devices click here.
Co-sponsored by The Graduate School.